Join the team that’s building better lives through better communities.
Regional Property Manager – KCG Residential
The Regional Property Manager is responsible for overseeing the property operations of an assigned set of LIHTC communities and ensuring communities are run in an organized and efficient manner in order to meet company standards.
- Manages regional business processes including leasing, compliance, recertifications, resident relations, marketing, maintenance, budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, vendor relations, selection and recruitment, and team development.
- Ensures that the portfolio and individual communities meet the established operational, financial, and business performance goals by inspecting properties, reviewing financial, market, and operational reports, and developing and implementing appropriate action plans to achieve results.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets market data to identify emerging trends that may impact the performance of the region, and works with others to develop and implement market plans that drive occupancy and revenue growth.
- Collaborates with development, construction and accounting as needed. Work directly with Construction and On-site team members to insure a smooth transition from construction to management for lease-up of new properties.
- Promotes owner satisfaction and retention through timely reporting and ongoing communication about the performance of the properties, and responds quickly and with urgency to client/owner concerns, questions, issues, and requests.
- Ensures the appearance and physical aspects of the properties meet the Company and owners established standards through routine site and safety inspections, and communicates concerns and requests for capital as needed to provide for the physical upkeep of each property.
- Continually evaluates rent and establishes/implements increases at lease renewal and as appropriate.
- Hires, evaluates, trains, and terminates employees according to the company policies and applicable laws, with assistance from management and/or the Human Resource department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises Property Managers within assigned region.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Holds Direct Reports accountable to adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- College degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, licenses and registrations required: Valid Driver’s License, HCCP, COS, C3P, CAM, CAPS, (preferred).
- Computer skills required: (Microsoft Office Suite; Payroll Systems; Property Management Software)
- 5-7 years’ experience in multi-site management of LIHTC/Affordable Housing with demonstrated ability to deliver financial results.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using property management software.
- Must be have strong financial management skills and be well versed in budgeting and forecasting.
- Must have demonstrated strong leadership and management skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Have a positive attitude and keep a solution-based and customer-focused mindset at all times.
- Capable of building and maintaining effective and respectful working relationships with fellow employees, suppliers, and vendors.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to deal with people in various situations and in effectively presenting information.
- Demonstrated ability to consult and collaborate as well as effectively resolve conflict. Maintains confidentiality.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, summarize, and present administrative and technical information and data in an effective manner.
- Writes clearly and informatively, varying writing style to meet needs.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability;
- Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Develops and implements customer feedback processes. Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well;
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others. Promotes the expectation that exceptional performance is the norm.
- Problem Solving – Manages issue identification and problem resolution process; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to travel overnight a minimum of five nights per month
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasional exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception and ability to adjust focus
About KCG Companies
Founded on the guiding principle that positive social impact and profitable development are not mutually exclusive, we strive to advance and redefine standards for superior-quality sustainable communities.
Through a community-centric approach, we take pride in our commitment to align our vision with that of the local community, never attempting to force a pre-conceived product into the box that is a new market, and believe doing so allows us to execute on developments that represent long-term value and opportunity for residents.
KCG Companies is a Equal Opportunity employer and offers the following benefits:
Health care: Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Sick Time
If selected, you will be working remotely from within Texas. Remote candidates from the Austin, Dallas or Houston metropolitan region will be considered.
Setting the standard for excellence in the multifamily industry. Building communities that connect all who live and work there.
© 2018 KGC Companies, Inc.
9311 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46260