Join the team that’s building better lives through better communities.
General Superintendent – KCG Construction
The General Superintendent is the company’s representative assigned the responsibility and authority for daily coordination and direction of field construction activities on a given project. This position takes lead responsibility for ensuring a safe worksite, in addition to completing the project within budget, on schedule, in compliance with the company’s quality standards, and to the satisfaction of the customer.
In this role, the General Superintendent will:
- Maintain safety standards – monitor safety planning, execution, and documentation on assigned project
- Manage project planning – develop and execute the pre-job plan. Determine the construction techniques to be used to construct the project
- Develop and maintain the Site Utilization Plan
- Manage the preparation of the CPM baseline, monthly CPM schedule updates and narratives, and CPM fragments with changes and delays
- Manage and develop field engineers and assistant superintendents. Orient new personnel to the company and project
- Review equipment requirements with the project manager
- Review monthly subcontractor pay applications to ensure progress in line with actual work installed
- Coordinate, schedule and manage all subcontractors and vendors. Conduct Weekly Subcontractor Coordination Meetings with all on-site and projected on-site subcontractor supervision
- Expedite vendors and subcontractors on a daily and weekly basis. Identify and resolve construction problems as they develop. Keep the project on schedule
- Maintain accurate time-keeping and cost records
- Plan, staff, and manage self-performed trades
- Review weekly labor reports and monthly total job cost reports carefully to determine areas needing special attention, and initiate changes and procedures to bring costs back into budget
- Manage the Quality Control Program
- Comply with all jobsite reporting requirements, including daily reports, SOS (Strength of Schedule) weekly unit reports, weekly updates to the two week look-aheads and monthly updates to the construction schedule.
- Maintain a clean and orderly jobsite
- Mitigate all potential subcontractor change orders and back-charges that may affect project profitability and document them to the extent required
- Close out the project in compliance with the contract documents
- Strives to satisfy the customer, subcontractor, vendor and company
- Other duties as assigned
Accountability: Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his or her work.
Communication: Consistently and proactively communicates well, both verbally and in writing.
Consistency: Consistently follows documented procedures and suggests changes/updates when appropriate.
Teamwork: Builds good relationships and rapport with customers, peers, supervisors, and managers throughout the organization.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Construction Management or related degree preferred, but not required
- 3 to 5 years of superintendent experience
- Strong Site and Civil skills are a must
- Experience in scheduling, field supervision, quality control, and production in all phases of construction
About KCG Construction
KCG’s projects are primarily multifamily apartment complexes and mixed-use developments across the country.
KCG Companies is a Equal Opportunity employer and offers the following benefits:
Health care: Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Sick Time
If selected, you will be working on-site in Atlanta, GA.
Setting the standard for excellence in the multifamily industry. Building communities that connect all who live and work there.
© 2018 KGC Companies, Inc.
9311 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46260