Join the team that’s building better lives through better communities.
Financial Analyst – KCG Companies
KCG is seeking a Financial Analyst to assist in the analysis and underwriting of multi-family development opportunities. Candidates should possess a passion for real estate and basic understanding of real estate principles, financing, and Microsoft Excel.
In this role, the Financial Analyst will:
- Report to Director if Finance;
- Perform analyses using the KCG model to assess financial feasibility, net present value, key deal metrics, and formulate accurate projections.
- Develop relationships with lenders and investors in order to secure financing for multifamily development opportunities.
- Identify and recommend key deal terms for negotiation in financial proposals, loan documentation, and partnership agreements.
- Track deal documentation and diligence throughout the closing process.
- Organize diligence and work with financial partners to secure equity capital calls and complete conversion to permanent loans.
- Assist with refinances of existing permanent loans.
- Support internal finance and development teams once an allocation is received.
- Coordinate with other internal departments as needed.
- Track and analyze portfolio performance to enhance future decision-making.
- Provide recommendations on financial partner selection and document negotiation.
- Other duties as assigned to support the KCG Team.
Accountability: Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his or her work.
Communication: Consistently and proactively communicates well, both verbally and in writing.
Consistency: Consistently follows documented procedures and suggests changes/updates when appropriate.
Teamwork: Builds good relationships and rapport with customers, peers, supervisors, and managers throughout the organization.
Qualifications / Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B,S.) or equivalent work experience.
- 1-5 years of experience.
- Language Skills – Ability to read, write, interpret and analyze business publications, technical procedures, and equity and debt documents. Ability to professionally communicate in person, email, and phone.
- Math Skills – Ability to work with concepts such as internal rate of return (IRR), net present value (NPV), and various other valuation metrics. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to situations.
- Reasoning Skills – Ability to solve problems and work with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only general guidelines exist. Ability to interpret instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer Skills – Advanced experience with MS Office.
- Other Skills – Must be a team player, strong people skills and be able to multi-task while remaining flexible.
About KCG Companies
Founded on the guiding principle that positive social impact and profitable development are not mutually exclusive, we strive to advance and redefine standards for superior-quality sustainable communities.
Through a community-centric approach, we take pride in our commitment to align our vision with that of the local community, never attempting to force a pre-conceived product into the box that is a new market, and believe doing so allows us to execute on developments that represent long-term value and opportunity for residents.
KCG Companies is a Equal Opportunity employer and offers the following benefits:
Health care: Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Sick Time
If selected, you will be working at our Indianapolis IN headquarters. Remote candidates also considered on a case by case basis.
Setting the standard for excellence in the multifamily industry. Building communities that connect all who live and work there.
© 2018 KGC Companies, Inc.
9333 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46260