Join the team that’s building better lives through better communities.
Estimator – KCG Companies
This position will provide a vital role for the overall success and delivery of a project(s) preconstruction services thru successful planning, budgeting and project turn over to the construction team. The candidate will need to be team oriented, collaborative individual working within an internal group of developer’s design team and operations. The one company approach to reach the finish line successfully.
Estimator will generate and manage estimates required for preconstruction and bidding efforts. Provide estimates for projects and potential projects during business development, preconstruction and construction phases of a project and across all scopes, systems, and assemblies. Estimates vary from conceptual to full guarantee maximum price estimates to lump sum bids. Ability to complete full quantity take-offs to support accurate estimates for all disciplines in commercial and multi- family projects including, but not limited to civil and site work, structural, concrete, building skin, finishes, mechanical, and electrical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Purchasing Manager(s), project manager(s), Developers to develop and maintain pre-construction and construction estimates.
- Lead project lump sum bidding process.
- Build estimates based on a practical understanding of design, constructability, logistics, sequencing and means and methods of a project.
- Estimator will be a key collaborator for new and existing subcontractor relationships for estimating, bidding and project award.
- Prepare estimate, budget control reports and estimating documents for projects and client presentations.
- Understanding of market labor, and commodity conditions and impacts on construction costs.
- Strong analytical and logic skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision on assigned responsibilities.
- Understand and maintain specific geographical market’s labor, commodity conditions and impacts on construction cost.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with full ownership during preconstruction and construction of each project(s).
- Highly proficient with interpreting plans and specifications.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal qualities.
- Able to work in a high energy environment.
- Have a “whatever it takes” and an open mind to help in the strategic growth of our organization.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Degree in construction management, engineering, or related field preferred but not required.
- 3 + years of experience in pre-construction and estimating on multi-family and/or commercial construction projects.
- Having LEED AP / LEED AP BD+C Certification is a plus.
- Possess good organizational and management skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to estimate all aspects of a commercial construction project, assemble into one budget, and present to owners.
- Must be able to view things from a construction business owner’s perspective and present accordingly.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to use estimating software, scheduling, bid management, online plan rooms and database applications.
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet business plan objectives, including client meetings in the evening.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- High level of communication skills to be able to lead meetings and presentations in a way that builds confidence, trust and success with team.
- Candidates must be located in Indianapolis IN areas or willing to relocate to same.
- Share KCG Constructions Core Values of Diversity, Excellence, Passion, Integrity, Community and Teamwork.
About KCG Companies
Founded on the guiding principle that positive social impact and profitable development are not mutually exclusive, we strive to advance and redefine standards for superior-quality sustainable communities.
Through a community-centric approach, we take pride in our commitment to align our vision with that of the local community, never attempting to force a pre-conceived product into the box that is a new market, and believe doing so allows us to execute on developments that represent long-term value and opportunity for residents.
If selected, you will be working at our Indianapolis IN headquarters.
KCG Companies is a Equal Opportunity employer and offers the following benefits:
Health care: Medical, Dental, Vision
401K with matching benefits
Paid Time Off
Paid Volunteer days
Paid Corporate Holiday’s
Setting the standard for excellence in the multifamily industry. Building communities that connect all who live and work there.
© 2018 KGC Companies, Inc.
9311 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46260