Join the team that’s building better lives through better communities.
Assistant Superintendent – KCG Construction
Under the guidance of the Site Superintendent and in partnership with the Project Manager, develops, manages, and completes a job plan for an assigned job.
In this role, the Assistant Superintendent will:
- Review plans and specifications to have a comprehensive knowledge of job requirements
- Tracks coordinates schedules, access, manpower, building requirements, etc.
- Procure tools, labor and some materials
- Interact with architects and owners to resolve job issues
- Meet with General Superintendent regularly for additional training and development
- Communicate construction issues and progress to supervisory personnel engaged in coordinating various phases of construction; craft personnel to update and gather input; subcontractors prior to mobilization to review scope of work and schedule and prior to each phase of work on schedule and phasing requirements; to update them on project’s progress; and the General Superintendent for input and guidance
- Work with individual trades supervisors to resolve problems with the project work force
- Confer with supervisory and engineering personnel and/or inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and to improve construction methods
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that work conforms to specifications and construction schedules
- Manage the project based on progress reports, materials used and adjust work schedules accordingly
- Handle crew mixes and work assignments to manage labor costs
- May track and price extra work tickets, change requests and back charges to cover extra expenses
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Safety
- Demonstrate integrity; maintain professional standards of conduct and ethics; and follow company policies and procedures
- Participate actively in team environment and contributes to successful completion of team goals
- Accept accountability for both individual and team performance
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Good organizational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- The ability to proactively manage personnel issues
- The ability to process information quickly and follow through with a course of action
- Operates office equipment, such as computer, printer, fax, copier, and telephone
- Degree in construction management or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior field experience in multifamily construction
- A demonstrated knowledge of construction processes
- A valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of building codes and blueprints
- Knowledge of subcontractors’ scopes of work and quality requirements
- Has strong problem solving skills, showing the ability to deal with a variety of variables given general construction principles with moderate structure and direction, and interprets a variety of complex instructions
- Two to three year’s prior field experience in multifamily construction preferred
About KCG Companies
Founded on the guiding principle that positive social impact and profitable development are not mutually exclusive, we strive to advance and redefine standards for superior-quality sustainable communities.
Through a community-centric approach, we take pride in our commitment to align our vision with that of the local community, never attempting to force a pre-conceived product into the box that is a new market, and believe doing so allows us to execute on developments that represent long-term value and opportunity for residents.
KCG Companies is a Equal Opportunity employer and offers the following benefits:
Health care: Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Sick Time
If selected, you will be working on-site in Atlanta GA.
Setting the standard for excellence in the multifamily industry. Building communities that connect all who live and work there.
© 2018 KGC Companies, Inc.
9333 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46260