Join the team that’s building better lives through better communities.
Asset Manager – KCG Companies
The Asset Manager will oversee the KCG portfolio as a relationship manager with third party management companies, lenders, equity investors and community partners.
In this role, the Asset Manager will:
- Report to President of KCG Development;
- Monitor the fiscal status of all KCG communities – including monthly financial statement review, monitoring vacancy, recommendation and implementation of solutions of under-performing properties and governing document compliance;
- Manage and evaluate third party property management companies – including assessment and recommendation of management contracts;
- Provide third party property management oversight;
- Manages the lease-up process for newly developed properties, coordinates these efforts with third party property management companies and ensures that rent and tenant mix is in compliance with governing documents;
- Assist in the preparation, review and approval process of annual property operating budgets;
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting to investors, lenders, and agencies;
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders including investors, lenders, agencies and community stakeholders;
- Monitor reserve balances and oversee requests for release of replacement and operating reserves;
- Conduct site visits: All properties should be visited at least quarterly;
- Represent KCG during partner inspections and site visits such as HFA inspections, REAC, lender and investor inspections;
- Research partnership agreements, regulatory agreements, loan / financing documents and other source documents as needed;
- Participates in the development process for new properties – including review of selected materials and proposed operating budgets; and
- Assist in gathering information required for capital calls, perm conversions and other investor / lender items.
Accountability: Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his or her work.
Communication: Consistently and proactively communicates well, both verbally and in writing.
Consistency: Consistently follows documented procedures and suggests changes/updates when appropriate.
Teamwork: Builds good relationships and rapport with customers, peers, supervisors, and managers throughout the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, ideally in Business, Real Estate, Finance, Property Management, or a similar field.
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience, with affordable housing experience preferred.
- Experienced in affordable housing, fair housing laws, property management and operational practices.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical, time management and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multitask efficiently in a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Exceptional proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
About KCG Companies
Founded on the guiding principle that positive social impact and profitable development are not mutually exclusive, we strive to advance and redefine standards for superior-quality sustainable communities.
Through a community-centric approach, we take pride in our commitment to align our vision with that of the local community, never attempting to force a pre-conceived product into the box that is a new market, and believe doing so allows us to execute on developments that represent long-term value and opportunity for residents.
KCG Companies is a Equal Opportunity employer and offers the following benefits:
Health care: Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Sick Time
If selected, you will be working from home in the Austin TX region. Other candidates also considered on a case by case basis.
Setting the standard for excellence in the multifamily industry. Building communities that connect all who live and work there.
© 2018 KGC Companies, Inc.
9333 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46260