Join the team that’s building better lives through better communities.
Project Accountant – KCG Construction
The Project Accountant is critical to the success and efficient operation of both KCG Construction and KCG Development activities. This is an exciting opportunity for a financial accountant to establish themselves within an expanding company in a role that offers both autonomy and the potential for future growth and leadership roles.
KCG is looking for a self-driven, talented construction accountant with aspirations for advancement to perform the following:
- Maintain / update accounting process, chart of accounts, vendors in software, etc.
- Collaborate with team members in other locations (project managers, superintendents, contract administrator)
- Review draw package submitted by Contract Administrator (G702/703, lien waivers, other various forms)
- Assist in tracking certificates of insurance, contracts, budgets, W-9s
- Send bi-weekly / monthly financial updates
- Dual reporting to President of Construction (Pennsylvania office) and President of Development (Indianapolis office)
- Communicate regularly with California office
- Compile development draws (to include reviewed and approved construction draw) for submittal
- Weekly compilation of AP request for both KCG Companies and KCG Construction
- Assist with the gathering of required documents for various types of close outs (development and construction)
- Bridge between Developers and California office
Accountability: Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his or her work.
Communication: Consistently and proactively communicates well, both verbally and in writing.
Consistency: Consistently follows documented procedures and suggests changes/updates when appropriate.
Teamwork: Builds good relationships and rapport with customers, peers, supervisors, and managers throughout the organization.
- 5-10+ years of construction accounting experience; knowledge of development a plus
- College degree preferred
- Quick learner and willing to bring ideas to the table
- Experience with Sage, Excel, ProCore, AIA, Lien Waivers
- Strong organizational skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to view things from the perspective of the owner, presenting information and responding to information accordingly
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision on assigned responsibilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities within a dynamic workload
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a high energy, fast paced environment
About KCG Construction
KCG Construction, LLC (KCG) is a General Contractor and Construction Management company, firmly rooted in traditional values in the relentless pursuit of creating long term, sustainable homes and communities. KCG’s projects are primarily multifamily apartment complexes and mixed-use developments across the country.
KCG Construction is a Equal Opportunity employer and offers the following benefits:
Health care: Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Sick Time
If selected, you will be working at our Indianapolis IN headquarters. Remote candidates also considered on a case by case basis.
Setting the standard for excellence in the multifamily industry. Building communities that connect all who live and work there.
© 2018 KGC Companies, Inc.
9333 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46260