Join the team that’s building better lives through better communities.
Asset Manager – KCG Development
The Asset Manager will oversee the KCG portfolio as a relationship manager with third party management companies, lenders, equity investors and community partners. In this role, the Asset Manager will:
- Report to President of KCG Development;
- Monitor the fiscal status of all KCG communities – including monthly financial statement review, monitoring vacancy, recommendation and implementation of solutions of under-performing properties and governing document compliance;
- Manage and evaluate third party property management companies – including assessment and recommendation of management contracts;
- Provide third party property management oversight;
- Manages the lease-up process for newly developed properties, coordinates these efforts with third party property management companies and ensures that rent and tenant mix is in compliance with governing documents;
- Assist in the preparation, review and approval process of annual property operating budgets;
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting to investors, lenders, and agencies;
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders including investors, lenders, agencies and community stakeholders;
- Monitor reserve balances and oversee requests for release of replacement and operating reserves;
- Conduct site visits: All properties should be visited at least quarterly;
- Represent KCG during partner inspections and site visits such as HFA inspections, REAC, lender and investor inspections;
- Research partnership agreements, regulatory agreements, loan / financing documents and other source documents as needed;
- Participates in the development process for new properties – including review of selected materials and proposed operating budgets; and
- Assist in gathering information required for capital calls, perm conversions and other investor / lender items.
Accountability: Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his or her work.
Communication: Consistently and proactively communicates well, both verbally and in writing.
Consistency: Consistently follows documented procedures and suggests changes/updates when appropriate.
Teamwork: Builds good relationships and rapport with customers, peers, supervisors, and managers throughout the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, ideally in Business, Real Estate, Finance, Property Management, or a similar field.
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience, with affordable housing experience preferred.
- Experienced in affordable housing, fair housing laws, property management and operational practices.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical, time management and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multitask efficiently in a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Exceptional proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
About KCG Development
KCG Development (KCG) is a mixed-use and multifamily developer founded on the principle that positive social impact and profitable development are not mutually exclusive.
Never attempting to force a pre-conceived product into the box that is a new market, KCG embraces a community-centric approach to development that is underpinned by integrity, transparency, responsiveness, and collaboration.
In aligning our vision with that of local stakeholders, we are committed to building communities that represent long-term value and opportunity for all.
If selected, you will be working at our Indianapolis IN headquarters. Remote candidates also considered on a case by case basis.
Setting the standard for excellence in the multifamily industry. Building communities that connect all who live and work there.
© 2018 KGC Companies, Inc.
9333 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46260