Join the team that’s building better lives through better communities.
Architect – KCG Companies
This is an exciting opportunity to join the KCG team in a time of growth. KCG is looking for a self-driven individual with aspirations for personal growth to take the lead role in the cost effective design of all required building construction documents for new construction, rehab, and historic projects. As KCG’s in-house Architect, this encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Attend site evaluation meetings with the developer
- Provide preliminary design drawings to assigned state and federally funded tax credit applications. The use of fundamental standard urban planning, landscape, civil engineering practices to accurately depict community size, unit quantities and amenities
- Prepare scale drawings of site, building layout and elevations
- Consult with KCG Construction to ensure design is fully aligned with Construction Budget
- Consult with KCG Construction to determine functional and spatial requirements of proposed project(s)
- Coordinate documentation of any existing structures for renovation project
- Represent KCG in obtaining bids and review awarding consultant contracts
- Direct/manage project design team engaged in preparing related drawings and specification documents
- Attend meetings related to the assigned project
- Prepare information regarding design, structural specifications, materials, color, equipment, and estimated costs
- Coordinate Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Structural, Civil Engineering and other assigned consultants during design and construction phases
- Integrate engineering element into unified design
- Prepare contract documents for permitting, bidding, and construction
- Conduct periodic on-site observation of work construction to monitor compliance with permitted drawings
- Review shop drawings and submittals
- Review operating and maintenance manuals, studies, and reports
- Review and approve monthly draw requests for assigned projects
- Provide final certificates of substantial completion and other documents that may be needed by governing officials, inspectors, financial providers and owner
Accountability: Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his or her work.
Communication: Consistently and proactively communicates well, both verbally and in writing.
Consistency: Consistently follows documented procedures and suggests changes/updates when appropriate.
Teamwork: Builds good relationships and rapport with customers, peers, supervisors, and managers throughout the organization.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in multi-family design preferred
- Experience designing within requirements of Section 42 Tax Credit program (L.I.H.T.C) preferred
- (1) State license, current and active/registered with NCARB to receive additional license in other states as necessary (Must provide proof of certifications upon request)
- Knowledge of general construction practices and national, state and local building codes
- Computer Skills: Excellent design and drafting skills with computer-aided design (CAD) AutoCAD required, Revit preferred, MS Office tools, Adobe creative suites
- Ability and willingness to travel
About KCG Companies
KCG Companies, LLC (KCG) is a a mixed use and multifamily owner, developer and builder with a single purpose: to build vibrant communities that offer residents an enhanced quality of life and a place to proudly call home.
Founded on the guiding principle that positive social impact and profitable development are not mutually exclusive, we strive to advance and redefine standards for superior-quality sustainable communities.
Through a community-centric approach, we take pride in our commitment to align our vision with that of the local community, never attempting to force a pre-conceived product into the box that is a new market, and believe doing so allows us to execute on developments that represent long-term value and opportunity for residents.
KCG Companies is a Equal Opportunity employer and offers the following benefits:
Health care: Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Sick Time
If selected, you will be working at our Indianapolis IN headquarters. Remote candidates also considered on a case by case basis.
Setting the standard for excellence in the multifamily industry. Building communities that connect all who live and work there.
© 2018 KGC Companies, Inc.
9333 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46260